Call for Expression of Interest for Production Support
BEING 20: YOUNG ACTIVISTS
Open for submissions from Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine
The Open Media Hub (OMH) is launching a Call for Expression of Interest for Production Support for a series of the social media videos “BEING 20: YOUNG ACTIVISTS”.
Applicants are invited to produce an 90 seconds original square video for social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram etc.).
Journalists may also submit the proposed story in HDTV format together with the square video format.
The “BEING 20: YOUNG ACTIVISTS” square video needs to feature a young person in your country who is actively involved in charity work, activism, civil society organisations etc. We want to hear about young people who donate their time and effort to make a difference in the villages, towns and countries in which they live.
The questions you may want to ask:
- How did you make a difference?
- What motivated you to start this activity?
- What were the main obstacles on the way?
- How did it affect your life?
- What is the wider impact of your activity?
The story style needs to be dynamic, modern and social media-friendly.
This call is open to online, TV and Radio journalists who produce video content for online and the social media platforms from the European Neighbourhood: Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia and Ukraine.
In addition to financial support, journalists will be mentored by leading media professionals who will help them to plan and produce stories in the right format and at an appropriate quality level.
This call aims at increasing public awareness of the civil society development and helps journalists to reach wider and more diverse audiences through social media formats.
Application and Eligibility
Please note: Completion of the “Innovative storytelling” online course is mandatory to be eligible to receive funding.
Eligible applicants are:
• News organisations with online and social media platforms (including Newspapers, TV stations, Radio stations, websites);
• Journalistic organisations (e.g., associations, foundations) if they can demonstrate a publication commitment from a media outlet;
• Journalists acting on behalf of any of the above.
• Freelance journalists with a letter of intent signed by media organisation.
The OPEN Media Hub may decide, on a case-by-case basis, that individual journalists or television producers are eligible without legal entity backing or endorsement. Similarly, will relevant applications from bloggers, vloggers and citizen journalists be considered if they can demonstrate a track record of significant audience reach on their platforms.
The amount of support will always take the topic, media outlet, and country into account and be proportionate to the typical prices and rates in your country.
The maximum funding for
· 90 seconds square video: up to 600 €
· 90 seconds square video AND an additional HDTV version produced for TV broadcast/online : 1,000€
Deadline for submission
1st December 2019
Deadline for Production
Production should be completed and submitted by the
30th April 2020
Detailed FAQ (frequently asked questions) can be found here:
For more information, go to: